I’ve got a no nonsense recipe perfect for those nights you just don’t feel like cooking anything complicated. My Easy Chili Mac comes together in just about 30 minutes and feeds a family of 4.
I used organic ground beef in my recipe but any ground meat would work here. Ground turkey or ground chicken would be perfect if you’re looking to lighten up on the calories too!
The spices are simple in this recipe, and you probably already have them on hand.
- chili powder
- ground cumin
- dried oregano
- red pepper
- black pepper
To simplify things even more try using a packet of taco seasoning instead for this Easy Chili Mac.
I had extra macaroni pasta on hand but other great substitutes for macaroni are:
The Cake Chica is on Facebook sharing sneak peeks of recipes to come, Instagram for your food porn desires and Pinterest for your board pinning needs.
You May Also Like
Chicken Fideo Soup
Slow Cooker Turkey Tortellini
Spaghetti with Sausage and Peppers
Porcini Ravioli with Meat Sauce
Weeknight Ground Beef Stroganoff
Easy Chili Mac
Easy Chili Mac is made with seasoned ground meat and veggies, then topped with cooked pasta and cheese for an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 1 14-ounce canned organic diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tablespoon organic chili powder
- 1 clove organic garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground organic cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried organic oregano
- ¼ teaspoon organic red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup dried macaroni
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. While the water comes to a boil, prepare the veggies.
- In a 12-inch sauté pan, heat oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook for about 6 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Drain the fat. Add the tomatoes, chili powder, garlic, salt, cumin, oregano, red pepper, black pepper and mix to combine. Reduce the heat to medium-low while you finish up with the macaroni.
- Salt the boiling water liberally and add the macaroni in. Cook for about 8 minutes. Drain macaroni in a colander and add macaroni into the beef mixture. Stir to combine. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 681mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 38g
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*