Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I don’t mind putting in a little extra work in the kitchen, but with our seemingly endless list of home projects, I’ve been going for quick and easy recipes lately. But not only do I want quick and easy, I also want great tasting food too!
Flipping through some old magazines, I spotted a recipe for Ground Beef Stroganoff in an old edition of Cook’s Country Magazine. It caught my attention since it uses ground beef instead of a typical beef tenderloin. And I love mushrooms so I couldn’t wait to give this one a try. Beef + Mushrooms = PERFECTION!
Did I tell you I LOVE mushrooms? They’re kinda my jam. So it should come as no surprise I had to double the called for amount in the original recipe, because I can’t get enough of those little bites of umami goodness!
Adapted from Cook’s Country
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it! Tag The Cake Chica on Instagram @thecakechica1 #thecakechica1
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium organic chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- ½ cup organic sour cream
- Sour cream
- Minced chives
- In a Dutch oven, pour 1 tablespoon oil and heat on medium-high until shimmering. Add mushrooms and cook for 7 minutes, until their liquid has evaporated and mushrooms turn brown. Transfer mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the Dutch oven and continue to heat on medium-high heat. Once the oil starts to shimmer, add the onions and garlic and cook stirring occasionally until the onions began to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the ground beef, salt and pepper, and continue to cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until cooked, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir until combined. Cook for 1 minute, and then stir in chicken broth and wine. Bring to a simmer, scraping up the browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Cook until the mixture begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the noodles and continue to cook uncovered for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream and mushrooms until combined.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 603 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 18g Cholesterol: 141mg Sodium: 1573mg Carbohydrates: 31g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 6g Protein: 39g
You May Also Like: