These Best Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe has been a favorite of mine for years! They are big, with chewy middles and crisp edges and they are pretty close to perfect in my book.
Plus these kind of have a little sentimental value as well. Back in the day in 2005 I got married and realized I had to cook. That’s just crazy right? So off I went searching the interwebs for recipes to make. Of course I was drawn to baking first and spotted these bad boys on allrecipes.com
Eventually I found my love for cooking. Never once when I was young did I think I was going to be somewhat of a domestic goddess cooking and baking, feeding a man and myself some awesome food, but what do you know I am here. And I wouldn’t haven’t any other way.
Now, I have heard people go back and forth on this “chilling the dough” thing. I am no cookie expert, but I can tell you from experience with this cookie dough recipe, I find it best to chill the dough for about 15 to 20 minutes before baking.
Chilling will help keep the cookies from spreading around the edges too much as well as makes the dough easier to handle. So there, that’s my take on that!
With some many chocolate chip recipes out there, from crispy to chewy, big and small and super chocolaty, it’s no wonder America’s favorite cookie is the chocolate chip cookie. My favorite thing about chocolate chip cookies has to be the chocolate. The more chocolate, the better in my opinion. Oh and I can’t forget the texture, my favorite is chewy with slightly crisp edges. So what’s your favorite thing about chocolate chip cookies? Let me know in the comments below.
- Half sized baking sheet
- Parchment paper or silicone mat
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Chill dough for about 15 to 20 minutes before baking. And store in the refrigerator between batches.
- Drop cookie dough ¼ cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the oven or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 130mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 22g Protein: 3g
You May Also Like: