Easy Sausage and Mushroom Lasagna
This Easy Sausage and Mushroom Lasagna is the perfect Valentine’s Day meal. Make it with your sweetie and dinner will be ready in no time!
I’ve made this lasagna 3 times already, 2 times with spicy Italian sausage and once with mild Italian sausage, and I have to say I much prefer the mild Italian sausage. The mild sausage seemed to let the flavors of the lasagna shine through much better than the spicy sausage.
Of course the choice is yours.
Try to find the flat no-cook lasagna noodles, they look and taste homemade more than the curly kind.
You May Also Like:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces organic crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large organic onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried organic Italian seasoning
- 1 pound organic mild Italian sausage, casing removed
- 3 organic garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 4 2/3 cups good quality marinara sauce (from 2 26-ounce jars)
- 9 ounce package no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese, divided
- 16 ounces organic Italian blend shredded cheese
- Heat an oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a sauté pan over high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and Italian seasoning and saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 8 minutes. Remove veggies. Add sausage and saute until browned and cooked through, breaking up with a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cooked veggies back to the pan and stir for 1 minute. Add wine and cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated, scraping up any browned bits from the pan, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread 2/3 cup marinara sauce over the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Place noodles (about 4) over sauce, forming 1 layer, don’t worry if noodles slightly overlap. Spread 1/3 cup ricotta cheese on top of the noodles, followed by 1 cup marinara sauce over noodles, then 1 cup shredded cheese. Spoon 1/3 of the sausage mixture over the shredded cheese. Repeat this process 2 more times with noodles, ricotta, sauce, shredded cheese and sausage mixture. Cover with 4 more noodles and spoon remaining 1 cup sauce over top; sprinkling remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top. Cover with foil, tenting in the center to prevent the cheese from touching the foil. Bake lasagna for 45 minutes, and then remove the foil. Bake until bubbling at the edges and cheese is browned, about 10 minutes longer. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 672 Total Fat: 43g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 1502mg Carbohydrates: 33g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 33g
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it! Tag The Cake Chica on Instagram @thecakechica1 #thecakechica1