Feel free to make these Porcini Ravioli with Meat Sauce on a weeknight! It’s just that easy! This recipe is also easy to change up by switching out different flavors of ravioli.
Not only can you switch out different flavors of ravioli, you can also switch out the pasta for maybe some spaghetti. This sauce is great on almost any pasta!
Want to lighten it up a little? Switch out the ground beef for ground turkey!
As is this recipe serves about 6, but if you have a lot of people to feed this recipe can easily be doubled.
Adapted from Bon Appetit Fast Easy Fresh by Barbara Fairchild
- 1 28 ounce canned Italian style tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 2 organic garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups canned tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried organic basil
- 1 teaspoon dried organic oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon organic red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ pounds porcini ravioli or flavor of your choice
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, puree the Italian-style tomatoes with their juice. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Add meat and garlic and sauté until meat is cooked through, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes. Drain fat if needed. Pour in pureed tomatoes, canned tomato puree and spices. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook ravioli according to package directions. Ravioli should be tender but firm. Drain water and return the ravioli to the pot. Add sauce to the pasta and gently stir to combine. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 94mgSodium: 530mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 33g
Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.
You May Also Like: