These Chocolaty Hot Cocoa Cookies are perfect for Santa! Hot chocolate mix, chocolate chips and dehydrated marshmallows create these chocolaty cookies that have chewy centers with crisp edges.
- All-purpose flour
- Hot chocolate mix
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Egg yolks
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips of your choice
- Dehydrated marshmallows
Perfect Cookie Sizing
To help achieve the perfect cooking sizing, I like to use a spring loaded ice cream scoop that measures 3 tablespoons.
This helps the cookies stay close to the same size so they bake evenly.
I also prefer my cookies to be 3 tablespoons in size because it gives you the best of both worlds, chewy centers with crisp edges.
Lining Your Sheet Pan
Lining your sheet pans with a silicone mat or parchment paper keeps your baking sheets clean, and makes clean up a breeze. Plus, it helps cookies release with ease.
If you are having issues with your cookies spreading with a silicone mat, try switching to parchment paper instead.
The Cake Chica is on Facebook sharing sneak peeks of recipes to come, Instagram for your food porn desires and Pinterest for your board pinning needs.
You May Also Like
S’mores Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Peanut Butter Cookies
Hot Cocoa Cake
S’mores Layer Cake
Chocolate S’mores Pie
Adapted from The Ultimate Cookie Handbook by Tessa Arias
Chocolaty Hot Cocoa Cookies
Chocolaty Hot Cocoa Cookies made with hot cocoa mix, chocolate chips and dehydrated marshmallows.
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Stand mixer
- Silicone mat or parchment paper
- 3 tablespoon sized ice cream scoop, optional
- 3 cups (15 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup hot chocolate mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature, about 65 degrees
- 1 cup (7 ounces) lightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (3.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dehydrated marshmallows
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, hot chocolate mix, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment attached, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until combined, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and egg yolks and mix until combined. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients in a little at a time until combined. Add in the chocolate chips and dehydrated marshmallows and stir by hand with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Cover the mixer bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Adjust an oven rack to the center position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Drop 3 tablespoon sized dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Remove from the oven and let cookies sit on the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Storage: Cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*