These Chocolaty Hot Cocoa Cookies are perfect for Santa! Hot chocolate mix, chocolate chips and dehydrated marshmallows create these chocolaty cookies that have chewy centers with crisp edges.
- All-purpose flour
- Hot chocolate mix
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Egg yolks
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips of your choice
- Dehydrated marshmallows
Perfect Cookie Sizing
To help achieve the perfect cooking sizing, I like to use a spring loaded ice cream scoop that measures 3 tablespoons.
This helps the cookies stay close to the same size so they bake evenly.
I also prefer my cookies to be 3 tablespoons in size because it gives you the best of both worlds, chewy centers with crisp edges.
Lining Your Sheet Pan
Lining your sheet pans with a silicone mat or parchment paper keeps your baking sheets clean, and makes clean up a breeze. Plus, it helps cookies release with ease.
If you are having issues with your cookies spreading with a silicone mat, try switching to parchment paper instead.
You May Also Like
- Rimmed baking sheet
- Stand mixer
- Silicone mat or parchment paper
- 3 tablespoon sized ice cream scoop, optional
- 3 cups (15 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup hot chocolate mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temperature, about 65 degrees
- 1 cup (7 ounces) lightly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (3.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dehydrated marshmallows
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, hot chocolate mix, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, with the paddle attachment attached, beat the butter and sugars on medium-high speed until combined, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and egg yolks and mix until combined. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients in a little at a time until combined. Add in the chocolate chips and dehydrated marshmallows and stir by hand with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Cover the mixer bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Adjust an oven rack to the center position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Drop 3 tablespoon sized dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Flatten dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Remove from the oven and let cookies sit on the pan for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
Storage: Cookies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*