Maybe you’ve noticed a theme this month…last week Chica’s Queso, the week before that was Baked Tortilla Chips, and now we have what they all were leading up to! These more than amazing Bar Nachos! However, I don’t know of any bar that serves them up quite like this!
Bar Nacho Tips
- If you are adding Chica’s Queso or any queso or cheese dip for that matter, cheese has a tendency to separate as it sits. Be sure to time accordingly.
- You can also put the queso in a small slow cooker while you prepare the Bar Nachos, just be sure to stir often and keep an eye on the cheese.
- A fun way to serve these nachos is on a large baking sheet like I did in the photos above. The presentation is jaw dropping and it makes it easy for your guests to enjoy.
- Want that fun sour cream drizzle? Just add a little water to thin out your sour cream and place sour cream in a zip top bag, snip a small piece off the corner of the bag to create a piping bag and drizzle to your heart’s content.
- You’ll notice there is no salt in this recipe. That’s because my taco seasoning had salt in it. Check your brand and if salt is listed on the ingredients list hold off. It’s easy to add salt later but not so easy to take it out.
Adapted from Buenos Nachos
- Large sheet pan
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips or store bought organic tortilla chips
- 1 cup refried black beans, cooked
- 1 cup queso
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon or a potato masher. Cook until the meat is browned, about 3 minutes. Drain fat and return to the heat. Stir in taco seasoning, salt and water. Simmer and cook until the liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Place tortilla chips on a platter or large sheet pan. Gently spread cooked refried beans on top of the tortilla chips. Sprinkle the cooked meat on top. Next, drizzle the queso over the meat. Garnish with jalapenos, sour cream and shredded lettuce. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 103mg Sodium: 902mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 29g
You may also like: