Well it’s almost time for the big game and what better way to celebrate than by having some of your favorite football foods right there with you! Like this Game Day Guacamole made with Melissa’s creamy and delicious avocados! Guacamole is a favorite in my family, we have it at every family get together. I recommend you make a double batch of this recipe, because it will go fast!
And if by chance you have left overs, never fear, this neat product from Casabella called the Guac-Lock will keep your guac. from browning. The Guac-Lock is not like most food storage containers. It’s made from shatterproof, odor-proof and stain resistant plastic. It locks into place and allows you to squeeze out excess air preventing oxidation and discoloration. Pretty cool huh? And it’s easy to clean. Just wash on the top rack of your dishwasher.
You can follow me on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Yummly. Want more? Sign up for The Weekly Recap and get my recipe links delivered to your inbox, plus find out what’s coming up on The Cake Chica, and some behind the scenes stuff as well.
Game Day Guacamole
- 4 Melissa’s avocados, halved seeded and peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper
- A few drops of pepper sauce
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a bowl mash the avocado up to your favorite consistency with a spoon. Some like it chunky others like it smooth. I like it somewhere in between. Add juice of one lime and mix.
- Add all the chopped ingredients and mix until combined. Add salt, pepper and pepper sauce and mix until combined.
- Garnish with a few lime wedges and serve with your favorite tortilla chips.