Gluten Free Veggie Pasta in Olive Oil
This Gluten Free Veggie Pasta in Olive Oil sauce would be perfect for your Meatless Monday meal or a great side dish to your main coarse.
My husband has been making this pasta for years with pasta such as angel hair or spaghetti.
And since he had never actually written the recipe down for his olive oil sauce pasta, I thought this would be the perfect time to get that recipe down.
You can also use regular pasta but if you are using Tolerant’s pasta there are a couple of things you should know:
- When you put the pasta in the boiling water keep an eye on it or it could boil over quickly.
- The water will be cloudy and foamy but that’s normal when cooking with this type of pasta so be sure to use plenty of water.
Something else you should know, I really like this pasta. And I can see myself using this pasta to lighten things up a little when I want to take in more plant based proteins and nutrients. I love that it’s certified organic, vegan, gluten-free and non-gmo. If you can get past the cloudy water then I would definitely recommend this pasta!
- 8 ounces Tolerant Organic Green Lentil and Kale Pasta
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt for pasta water
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 organic garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup jarred artichoke hearts, sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 organic Roma tomato (about ¼ cup), diced
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Chopped organic Italian parsley, for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add kosher salt and pasta to boiling water and stir. Continue to cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add sliced garlic, black olives and artichokes to pan and saute for about 5 minutes. Add wine and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Add capers and red pepper flakes. Remove the pan from the heat and add cooked pasta to the pan and mix with tongs to coat the pasta in the olive oil sauce. Top with fresh tomatoes, grated Parmesan cheese and parsley.
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 348 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 3521mg Carbohydrates: 38g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it! Tag The Cake Chica on Instagram @thecakechica1 #thecakechica1
You May Also Like: