These Best Big Fat Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is a take on another popular recipe of mine. They’re still big, chewy and chocolaty with the fun addition of M&M chocolate candies!
Why Melted Butter?
Melted butter helps create a chewy cookie. And also helps the cookie spread out resulting in a thinner cookie.
Melted butter should be cooled to about 85 to 90 degrees. The butter should still be in fluid form but slightly warm. This may take 15 to 30 minutes to come down to temperature.
Why Granulated Sugar and Brown Sugar?
Granulated sugar dissolves easily into butter during the creaming process. Brown sugar produces a cookie that is more moist and chewy.
Forming the Cookies
Once the dough is easy to handle, portion out 1/4 cup of cookie dough and roll it between your hands to form a ball of dough. Then place the ball of dough on a prepared cookie sheet and gently press to slightly flatten. Be sure to place cookies about 3 inches apart so they do not spread to one another while baking.
Chocolate Chips and M&M’s
For this recipe I used 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, with 2 cups plain M&M candies.
Fun Fact: Chocolate chips have stabilizers that help them keep their shape while baking.
How To Store Big, Fat, Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Store Big, Fat, Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You May Also Like
- 4 cups (20 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, melted and cooled to about 85 to 90 degrees, about 30 minutes.
- 2 cups (14 ounces) packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (7 ounces) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups plain M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well blended, about 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in the M&M’s and chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Chill the dough for about 30 minutes or until the dough is easy to handle.
- Grab 1/4 cup of cookie dough and roll into a balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet and press down slightly. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the oven or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on cookie sheet for 4 minutes before transferring cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Cookie Storage: Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 4g
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*