I enjoy cooking, and I usually don’t mind something that takes a little extra time and prep work, but there are days I just want something quick and easy. This recipe for Three Bean Turkey Chili is on Jamie Eason’s workout program Live Fit Trainer.
I made this several times while I was on the program and it’s always been a favorite. I mean what’s not to like? It’s easy, fast, healthy and tastes great, especially if you put a little adobo sauce in it; that really takes the flavor up a notch. So don’t forget to pin this to your weeknight meals Pinterest board. You won’t regret it.
You May Also Like:
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 2 pounds extra lean organic ground turkey
- 1 medium-sized organic onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic garlic powder
- 2 4-ounce canned green chilies
- 2 15-ounce canned chili beans, I like Westbrae Natural brand, or a mix of pinto, kidney and black beans
- 2 14.5-ounce canned organic diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons organic yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons organic cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chili peppers (optional)
- In a large pot heat the oil over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add the turkey, onions and garlic powder and cook until the turkey is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain if necessary. Add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, brown sugar, chili powder, vinegar, mustard, cumin and salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes. Add cilantro and stir to combine. Serve with your favorite chili toppings!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1561mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 15gSugar: 16gProtein: 37g
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*