I enjoy cooking, and I usually don’t mind something that takes a little extra time and prep work, but there are days I just want something quick and easy. This recipe for Three Bean Turkey Chili is on Jamie Eason’s workout program Live Fit Trainer.
I made this several times while I was on the program and it’s always been a favorite. I mean what’s not to like? It’s easy, fast, healthy and tastes great, especially if you put a little adobo sauce in it; that really takes the flavor up a notch. So don’t forget to pin this to your weeknight meals Pinterest board. You won’t regret it.
You May Also Like:
Easy Week Night Chili
Simple Turkey Chili with Kidney Beans
Chorizo and Potato Tacos
Three Bean Turkey Chili
An easy and healthy turkey chili perfect for weeknight meals. Made with ground turkey and spices.
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 2 pounds extra lean organic ground turkey
- 1 medium-sized organic onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon organic garlic powder
- 2 4-ounce canned green chilies
- 2 15-ounce canned chili beans, I like Westbrae Natural brand, or a mix of pinto, kidney and black beans
- 2 14.5-ounce canned organic diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons organic yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons organic cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle chili peppers (optional)
- In a large pot heat the oil over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add the turkey, onions and garlic powder and cook until the turkey is cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain if necessary. Add the green chilies, beans, tomatoes, brown sugar, chili powder, vinegar, mustard, cumin and salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes. Add cilantro and stir to combine. Serve with your favorite chili toppings!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 577Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 1561mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 15gSugar: 16gProtein: 37g
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*
Friday 30th of November 2018
That so so amazing... Thanks for your sharing!!