I couldn’t let this year’s Cinco de Mayo holiday go by without sharing this amazing recipe for Jalapeno Margarita’s that I got from my friend Dan. I’ve never had a Jalapeno Margarita before, but I can tell you there will be many more in my future!
Dan tells me this recipe was a bit of a happy mistake, when he meant to reach for the tequila but grabbed the Tito’s vodka instead. This recipe uses a simple syrup. My recommendation is to double the simple syrup recipe in the “Notes” section of the recipe and use the remaining simple syrup to dip your margarita glass rims in and then adhere the salt onto it.
- 21 ounces Tito’s vodka or tequila
- 14 ounces triple sec
- 14 ounces fresh lime juice from about 20 limes
- 14 ounces water
- 4 ounces simple syrup (1/2 cup water, ½ cup sugar)
- 2 jalapenos
- Fresh limes for serving
- Kosher salt for glass
- Combine all ingredients, except jalapenos in a large pitcher and stir to combine. Slice the ends off each jalapeno and place in the pitcher. Let mixture sit at least 24 hours before serving, the longer the better.
- Prepare margarita glasses with salt rims and fill with ice. Pour Jalapeno Margarita over ice and garnish with lime or a jalapeno slice and enjoy.
In a small saucepan combine water and sugar and heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture has thickened slightly. Set aside until ready to use.
You May Also Like: