This one is for all you meal preppers out there! My Fiesta Turkey with Brown Rice is incredibly easy to make, and it makes a large portion. Large enough to make it your lunch or dinner for the week.
But why should lunch and dinner have all the fun? Add an over easy egg on top to turn this recipe into your breakfast for the week.
I typically use 93% fat free ground turkey so the turkey still has a little fat for flavor, but if you’re on a more strict diet, feel free to use 99% fat free for this recipe.
This whole meal takes a little over an hour to make, but I still put this under my Easy Weeknight Meals section because you only spend about 10 minutes at the stove cooking the turkey. The rest is baking time for the rice. Easy peasy!
Lastly, I love adding all sorts of fun toppings to this meal, avocado, limes, tortilla strips and more! The choice is yours.
- 3 cups organic brown rice
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 1.1 ounce packs organic taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups pico de gallo
- 2 ripe organic avocados sliced for garnish
- Adjust an oven rack to the center position and heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread rice in an even layer in a baking dish. Bring water and butter or oil to a boil in a saucepan with the lid on. Once the water is boiling add the salt and quickly pour into the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with 2 layers of foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and fluffy the rice with a fork. Cover dish with a clean kitchen towel and let the rice sit for 5 minutes. Uncover and serve.
- While the rice is baking, prepare the ground turkey according to the package directions on your taco seasoning packets.
- Divide rice and ground turkey among 6 plates and top with pico de gallo and avocado slices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 632Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 162mgSodium: 1694mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 9gSugar: 3gProtein: 46g
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it! Tag The Cake Chica on Instagram @thecakechica1 #thecakechica1
You May Also Like: