Why I love this Confetti Cookie Cake:
- It’s incredibly easy to make and tasty too.
- With the different types of sprinkles available now, it’s super easy to match your special event.
- It’s two of my favorite childhood sweets together as one!
What a perfect pairing right? A cookie and a cake put together! When I was younger I always loved getting cookie cakes instead of the typical birthday cake.
This Confetti Cookie Cake tastes like something you would have to order from a professional bakery. But lucky you, you now have an awesome recipe to impress your guests and when they ask “where did you get this from” you can say proudly “I made it!” And I’ll leave it up to you if you want to tell them how simple it was to make 🙂
Tip: Be on the look out for real white chocolate chips! There is a time and place for the fake stuff but no room for it in this recipe. The fake stuff will say something along the lines of “baking chips”. Legit white chocolate chips will have cocoa butter listed in the ingredients section.
Adapted from Simply Beautiful Homemade Cakes
- Piping bags
- Piping tip Wilton 1M , 2D Ateco 844
- 9-inch round cake pan
- Electric pink gel food color
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup sprinkles
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Electric Pink gel food color
- Extra sprinkles to decorate
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper on the bottom and spray the sides of the cake pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until well combined. The dough will be crumbly at first. Use a silicone spatula to bring it together. Stir in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles. The dough will be thick.
- Press and spread the cookie dough evenly into the cake pan, and add a few more white chocolate chips into the top of the cookie and gently press them into the dough. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the edges turn light gold. The center may not be set but will firm up as it cools.
- Remove the cookie cake from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 2 to 3 hours. Loosen the cookie cake from the sides of the pan with a small cake spatula or knife. Remove the cookie cake from the pan by placing a plate or cake circle over the top of the cake pan and flip over. Next, choose the serving platter you wish to serve on and place that on top of the cookie cake and carefully flip over.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and shortening until smooth. Add 1 cup of powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and 1 to 2 tablespoons water and mix until smooth. Add the remaining 1 cup powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Color the frosting with gel food coloring. I used Electric Pink by Americolor. Fit a piping bag with a piping tip and fill bag with buttercream. Pipe buttercream on the edges of the cookie cake with rosettes or design of your choice.
Tip: You can refrigerate the dough prior to baking for 2 to 3 days. No need to let the dough come to room temperature when you are ready to bake. Just press the dough in the cake pan and bake per instructions.
Store: Cake can be store on the counter at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 1gSugar: 47gProtein: 4g
*Nutrition information is an estimate and will vary.*
You May Also Like: