- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon hotsauce
- 2 pounds large shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup green onions, chopped and divided
- 5 cups water
- 1 ½ cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Combine first 3 ingredients, set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Add onion, bell peppers, and garlic to drippings the pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in shrimp mixture, broth, and ¼ cup green onions; cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Do not over cook or the shrimp will become rubbery. Remove from the heat.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually add grits; stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Simmer; covered for 5 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter and salt. Serve shrimp over grits, sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 519mgSodium: 3181mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 64g
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it! Tag The Cake Chica on Instagram @thecakechica1 #thecakechica1
You May Also Like: