Here is a healthier alternative to the usual high in calories cream sauced pastas! You can file this one under your favorites. I know you’re going to love it!
- 1 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat, shell pieces removed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over a medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 1 minute or until tender. Add the shrimp and scallops and sauté for 3 minutes or until done. Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the next 4 ingredients; cook for about 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly (do not boil). Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese over seafood mixture stirring constantly; cook for 1 minute; stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat. Combine the pasta and seafood mixture in a large bowl. If there is a lot of liquid, try simmering on low for about 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken a bit. Garnish with shredded Parmesan and parsley.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 228 mg
Sodium 1266 mg
Total Carbohydrates 62 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 44 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.