- 1 cup half and half
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium shallots
- ½ cup chicken broth low sodium
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Herb Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 18 ounces fresh spinach
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the half and half, Parmesan and flour. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Cook the shallots for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender and crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach in batches. Toss with gently to coat the spinach. Bring to a simmer, over medium high heat. Cook until all spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the reserved half and half mixture into the spinach mixture. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 253mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 9g