This is a perfect side dish that comes together quickly! Using ready-made steamer packs cuts out most of the dishes too! The only dish you’ll need for these Pancetta Green Beans is one 12-inch sauté pan!
Pancetta gives this side dish crunch and a little bit of that something extra! The pancetta really jazzes up these green beans.
My husband loves blistered green beans, so after I steam them in the microwave, I like to sauté them in some butter to get that char and extra flavor out of them.
And there you have it! An easy and tasty side dish to pair with your next meal. Enjoy.
Adapted from Bon Appetit Fast, Easy Fresh by Barbara Fairchild
- 2 3-ounce packs thinly sliced pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 2 12-ounce organic green beans in steamer packs
- 2 tablespoons organic unsalted butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pancetta in a large skillet until crisp. Remove pancetta and set on paper towel lined plate to drain. Set aside until needed.
- Microwave green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in the same skillet the pancetta was cooked in over medium-high heat. Once green beans are steamed, add to the skillet and sauté until lightly blistered.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Place green beans in a serving dish and top with pancetta. Enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 60mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 5g