Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Cookies and Cream Cupcakes are absolutely heavenly! From the moist dark chocolate cake, to the cookies and cream cheese frosting, what more could you ask for? Oh yeah and the mini Oreo cookie on top just takes it up a notch!
I made these cupcakes a few weeks ago for a music showcase put on by the kids at my church, along with my Confetti Cupcakes with Confetti Buttercream. Both of which were a big hit!!! Definitely kid approved!
And not only are these cupcakes kid approved, but adult approved as well! Many thought I sold my baked goods professionally and asked for my business card. Hmm….
Maybe they’re on to something, but one thing is for sure, these Cookies and Cream Cupcakes will be in heavy rotation in my kitchen for years to come. If you give them a try I bet they’ll be a recipe staple in yours too!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it! Tag The Cake Chica on Instagram @thecakechica1 #thecakechica1
- 2 12-cup cupcake pan
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Cupcake liners
- Food processor
- Wilton piping tip 1M
- Piping bags
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 24 Oreo cookies, filling removed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pound cream cheese, cut into tablespoon pieces, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 24 mini Oreo cookies for garnish
- Adjust an oven rack to the center position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs and water on medium speed until combined. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with the sour cream in 2 additions, starting and ending with the flour mixture. Beat until combined.
- Divide thebatter among prepared cupcake pans, filling about three-fourths full so the cupcakes will form a dome on top when baking. Bake cupcakes for about 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Transfer cupcakes to wire racks and let cool in their pans for 10 minutes. Invert cupcakes on wire racks to cool completely.
- In a foodprocessor, process cookies until finely ground. (Any large crumbs might clog up your piping tip later on in the decorating process.) Set aside until needed.
- In the bowlof a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Reduce the speed to low and add powdered sugar and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add salt and vanilla extract and beat until combined. On medium-high speed, add cream cheese 1 tablespoon at a time and beat for 2 minutes until the cream cheese is combined. No bits of cream cheese should remain. Increase the speed to high and add the heavy cream and beat until incorporated. Add Oreo cookie crumbs and beat for 1 minute until combined.
- Fit a pipingbag with a piping tip and fill bag with frosting. With a sharp knife, cut the tops off of the cupcakes where the paper liners meet and save the cupcake tops. Pipe frosting around the edges of the cupcakes and place cupcake tops back on top. Pipe a swirl of frosting on the top of the cupcakes and garnish with a mini Oreo cookie.
Store: Assembled cupcakes can be left out on the counter at room temperature for up to 1 day and stored in an air tight cake container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Unfrosted cupcakes can be stored in an air tight cake container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
DayMark 18" PipingPal Disposable Pastry Bag with Dispenser (100 Bags)
Wilton 1M Open Star Piping Tip
Cuisinart 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
KitchenAid Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Wilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Bakeware Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 12-Cup, STANDARD, Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1419 Total Fat: 77g Saturated Fat: 26g Trans Fat: 3g Unsaturated Fat: 43g Cholesterol: 113mg Sodium: 1123mg Carbohydrates: 180g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 133g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 13g
You May Also Like: