Here is a new recipe I tried this week. Very delicious. Everything I have made from a Tish Boyle recipe has been great!!! Happy Baking!!!
Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies with Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Frosting
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT BROWNIES
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp Italian hazelnut liqueur, such as Frangelico
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skinless hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
MILK CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT FROSTING
- 5 ounces Lindt milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp unsweetened alkalized cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Italian hazelnut liqueur, such as Frangelico
1. MAKE THE BROWNIES
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 inch
- square baking pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment or waxed paper
- and coat the paper with butter.
- Place the chocolate and the butter in the top of a double broiler over
- hot, not simmering water. Stir the mixture until it's completely melted and
- smooth. Remove the top part of the double broiler from the bottom and allow
- the mixture to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Whisk in the cooled
- chocolate and the hazelnut liqueur. With a rubber spatula, stir in the flour
- until just blended. Stir in the hazelnuts. Scrape the batter into the
- prepared pan. Smooth over the top with a rubber spatula. Bake the brownies
- for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out
- with a few moist crumbs clinging to it. Cool the brownies on a wire rack for
- minutes. Run a paring knife around the edges of the pan and carefully
- invert the brownies onto a flat surface. Peel off the paper, and then
- reinvert the brownies onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
5. MAKE THE FROSTING
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl. Sift the cocoa powder over the
- chocolate. In a small saucepan or in the microwave, bring the cream to a
- boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and gently whisk until smooth.
- Stir in the hazelnuts liqueur and allow the mixture to cool to a spreadable
- consistency, about 2 hours.
- Using a metal spatula, spread the frosting over the top of the brownies.
- Using a long serrated knife, trim approximately ¼ to ½ inch off each
- side. Cut the brownies into 9 squares. Store in an airtight container.