I found this recipe in Clean Eating magazine the June 2011 issue. I kept the recipe pretty much the same. I did however, double it. My husband and I like bigger portions than what this magazine usually gives us. My husband is 6 foot and 4 inches tall and I am 5 foot and 9 inches tall and well, we need more calories than the average person. At least that’s what I am telling myself.
Baked Parmesan Fries
- 2 pounds Yukon gold or red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½ inch thick strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick foil. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle evenly with oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Toss to coat, then arrange potatoes in a single layer. Bake in center of the oven for 20 minutes, than flip and stir, and bake for about 15 more minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with salt and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 270 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 26g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 578mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 12g Cholesterol: 22mg