This easy side dish recipe has quickly become a new favorite in my house, and is on regular rotation. Every time Craig sees me getting the bags of little potatoes, he knows I am about to make Cheesy Roasted Potatoes with Bacon. It’s like eating a baked potato just roasted on the stove top.
The original recipe is from Bee at Rasa Malaysia: Easy Delicious Recipes. I’ve kept it pretty much the same; however I did double up a few of the ingredients. Craig and I are a tall couple (me 5 ft. 9in. him 6ft. 3in.) and we need our carbs, so we like larger portions than most. With me lifting weights 6 days a week and being a hard gainer, I have to make sure I eat enough food. Great excuse to do what I love…..EAT!
Try these Cheesy Roasted Potatoes with Bacon for your nest weeknight side dish. They will not disappoint. Enjoy.
- 6 slices organic bacon, diced
- 2 24-ounce bags mini potatoes, sliced in half
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook bacon, stirring occasionally to cook all sides. Remove bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and set on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from the pan.
- Return the pan back to the heat and add the potatoes and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover the skillet with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place cooked potatoes in a serving dish and mix with bacon, green onions and shredded cheese. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 384mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 9g