UPDATE (February 2016): I originally posted this recipe in June 2013 and had some revisions to add to the original recipe. And of course I had to add some new food porn.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you can never have too many chicken recipes. And this one has cheese, mushrooms and bacon!!! At under 500 calories, I think this is one you can add to your chicken recipe repertoire. For my low-carb lovers add a side salad and you’ve got dinner! An easy one at that.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, about 8 ounces each
- 6 slices bacon, cooked, and chopped
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Turn broiler on high heat.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the mustard, honey, mayo and dried onion flakes.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until browned. Top chicken with honey mustard sauce then a layer of mushrooms and bacon. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place under broiler until the cheese is melted and browned. Top with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 370Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 614mgCarbohydrates: 13gSugar: 11gProtein: 42g
Adapted from The Shredded Chef