Asparagus is one of my favorite vegetables. Every recipe I have made with asparagus is always delicious. I think asparagus are just tasty in general no matter what you do with them. Here is my version of Asparagus with Gremolata Butter, sans the butter. I found the recipe in The Bon AppetitFast Easy Fresh Cookbook. And I promise, you won’t miss the butter.
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 garlic clove, mined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water to cool quickly. Drain again.
- Cook olive oil in a heavy large skillet over medium high heat. Add lemon peel and garlic; stir for about 30 seconds. Add asparagus and toss to coat. Sprinkle lemon juice over. Saute until asparagus is heated through and coated with olive oil sauce, about 3 minutes. Season the asparagus to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 62Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g