This is a recipe you can eat for breakfast lunch or dinner. It’s crazy-easy to prepare; super yummy and pretty nice to look at to. I usually take a picture with my cell phone using the VSCO Cam app and use that as a little teaser on social media (Insert shameless plug: you can follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest) to let everyone know what’s coming up next. But this is one of those pictures I couldn’t take my eyes off of. Most people would think I am crazy, but I know my food photography loving friends know exactly what I am talking about, right? “Take a picture, it’ll last longer.” That’s what they say, and that’s what I did. And yeah my food was cold by the time I got done with the Goddess’ photo shoot, but it was still just as yummy as it looked!
- 8 slices organic bacon, cooked, I used Applegate brand
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 1 cup lightly packed herbs such as parsley, basil, mint and tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 slices whole-grain bread or bread of your choice, I used Dave’s Killer Organic Bread, toasted
- Non-stick spray
- 4 eggs
- 8 leaves of butter lettuce
- 1 large beef steak tomato, cut into 8 slices
- Puree buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, herbs, salt and pepper in a blender until smooth. Spread 1 tablespoon of dressing on each bread slice.
- Lightly coat a large non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Crack eggs into the skillet and cook until whites are firm but yolks are still runny, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top each slice of bread with 2 lettuce leaves, 2 tomato slices, 2 bacon slices and 1 egg. Drizzle dressing on top and serve.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 202mgSodium: 726mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 16g