This dish was inspired by a recipe I saw in Cuisine At Home. See my version below.
Garlic Bread with Avocado Butter
FOR THE BUTTER, PUREE
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
FOR THE BREAD, COMBINE
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 slices Italian baguette or sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- Preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from element.
- For the butter, puree avocado, cilantro, scallions, lemon juice extra virgin olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt in a blender until the consistency of butter.
- For the bread, combine Parmesan, 1 tablespoon, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Spread bread with Parmesan mixture and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Broil bread until lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Serve bread with avocado butter and garnish with jalapeno slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gProtein: 3g