Fish tacos are the perfect summertime meal. They are light, flavorful, full of color and ideal to eat while having fun in the sun, and will still have you looking slim and trim at the beach.
Fish Tacos with Chipotle Cream
FOR THE FISH
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound flaky white fish, such as tilapia, mahi-mahi, or halibut
FOR THE CHIPOTLE CREAM
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon organic mayo
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce
FOR THE TACOS
- Eight 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- To make the fish, in a small bowl whisk together the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper and pour over the fish and let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the plain Greek yogurt, mayo, and the chipotle peppers.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet on medium high heat. Remove the fish from the marinade and place the marinated fish on the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side. Once the fish is cooked, cover and set aside.
- Heat the tortillas on the burner of a gas stove to the desired level of doneness. Otherwise, microwave the tortillas for about 30 seconds.
- Flake the fish with a fork. Spread each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of the chipotle cream. Top with the fish, cabbage, corn and cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Serving Size 2 tacos
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 273 mg
Total Carbohydrates 26 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 5 g
Protein 27 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.