I will never buy store-bought granola bars again! Not that I really ever did anyway. They are usually heavily processed. These granola bars taste wholesome and best of all they are real, and incredibly easy to make. All you’ll need is a big bowl, a wooden spoon and a baking dish. There should be no excuse to buy those boxed granola bars again.
Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup whole-grain flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ to ½ cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9”x9” baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Let cool and slice into 8 bars. Serve or refrigerate for later.
Serving size: 1 bar Calories: 316 Fat: 18g Saturated fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 35g Sugar: 19g Sodium: 115mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 4mg