I will never buy store-bought granola bars again! Not that I really ever did anyway. They are usually heavily processed. These granola bars taste wholesome and best of all they are real, and incredibly easy to make. All you’ll need is a big bowl, a wooden spoon and a baking dish. There should be no excuse to buy those boxed granola bars again.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup whole-grain flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 to ½ cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 9”x9” baking dish. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden around the edges. Let cool and slice into 8 bars. Serve or refrigerate for later.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 316Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 19gProtein: 6g