I love baked chicken recipes. Especially when they’re crispy, delicious and easy! Just like this recipe for Baked Parmesan Pesto Chicken.
The coating is a mix of regular breadcrumbs, Panko breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Once baked, top it with pesto, chopped tomatoes and a little Parmesan cheese. Easy!
Baked Parmesan Pesto Chicken:
- It helps to pound each chicken breast to about 1/2-inch thickness. This will help the chicken to cook evenly.
- Moisture can cause your chicken to lose its breading. Be sure to pat your chicken with a paper towel to soak up moisture before dredging.
- If you have a few extra minutes, let your chicken rest on the counter for about 10 or 15 minutes after it is breaded. This will help the breading adhere and stick to the chicken even while slicing.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it! Tag The Cake Chica on Instagram @thecakechica1 #thecakechica1
- Non-stick olive oil spray
- 32 ounces boneless, skinless organic chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup organic all-purpose flour
- ½ cup organic breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon organic Italian seasoning
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large egg, plus 1 tablespoon water
- 6 ounces pesto from the refrigerated section
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Chopped Italian parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a baking rack inside. Spray baking rack with non-stick olive oil spray and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Pound chicken to about ½-inch thickness. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast.
- In a pie dish or shallow pan, add the flour and set aside.
- In a second pie dish or shallow pan, add egg and water and whisk to combine.
- In a third pie dish or shallow pan, combine the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, Panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Dip chicken breast one at a time into the flour on both sides, shaking off the excess flour before dipping into the egg mixture. Dip chicken breast into the egg mixture on both sides, letting the excess drip away from the chicken breast. Next, dip the chicken breast into the breadcrumb mixture on both sides, gently pressing on each side to adhere the breadcrumbs. Set chicken on prepared baking sheet. Repeat this process with remaining chicken breast.
- Bake chicken for 30 to 35 minutes or until the chicken registers 160 degrees.
- Divide pesto on top of each chicken breast and garnish with diced tomatoes, parmesan cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 858 Total Fat: 41g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 28g Cholesterol: 258mg Sodium: 866mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 86g
You May Also Like: