Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and I will earn a commission if you purchase through those links. I have used all the products and recommend them because they are helpful and are companies I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using those products. Thank you for supporting The Cake Chica website.
You may never buy store bought graham crackers again after having these Homemade Graham Crackers. These are great if you’re looking for a bit of a cleaned up version of a graham cracker. I love graham crackers and I used to eat them as a “healthy” snack, that was until I read the ingredients list. I was a shocked at all the chemicals used to make a cracker. I mean its just a cracker right? Thankfully I came across this homemade version, with simple ingredients you can pick up at your local grocery store.
You know what goes great with graham crackers? I am sure you already know. S’mores!!!! Obvious right? But you can’t just stuff these Homemade Graham Crackers with just any old chocolate and marshmallows. Try using an organic chocolate and non-gmo marshmallows like these Dandies I received in my Degustabox this month.
Check out these recipes for some other kitchen staples like Homemade Magic Shell, Homemade Whipped Cream, Hot Chocolate Mix and Homemade Cheddar Cheese Crackers. I’m also on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. If you’d like my recipe links sent to your inbox then be sure to subscribe to The Weekly Recap where I send the latest recipe link(s) to your inbox along with a peek at what’s coming up next week!
Want your very own Degustabox full of full sized pantry goodies delivered to you every month? Then click my affiliate banner below and receive 50% off your first order, and shipping is always free!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup untoasted wheat germ
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Whisk together the flours, wheat germ, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Fit an electric mixer with the paddle attachment and on medium speed beat the butter, brown sugar and honey until pale and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a floured work surface and divide into quarters. Roll out each piece between two sheets of floured parchment paper into rectangles a little larger than 9 x 6-inches and about 1/8 inch thick.
- Using a fluted pastry wheel or pizza cutter, trim the edges of each rectangle, and divide into three 6 x 3-inch rectangles by just scoring (not cutting all the way through) the dough. Then score each piece in half horizontally and vertically to form four 3 x 1-inch crackers. Stack parchment and dough on a baking sheet and chill in the freezer until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Remove two sheets of dough from the freezer. Pierce crackers using a fork. Transfer to a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 8 minutes, rotating halfway through baking. Repeat with the remaining dough. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring crackers to wire racks to cool completely.
Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Cookies