With today being National Almond Day I thought I would post a recent recipe I tried about a week ago. I found this one from Cuisine At Home the October 2011 issue. See my version below.
Crusted Chicken with Almonds and Sage
- 6 bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed (2 breast, 2 legs, and 2 thighs)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 ¼ cups sliced almonds, crushed
- 1 ¼ cups panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh sage
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Coat a wire rack with non-stick spray and set inside baking sheet.
- Season all the chicken pieces with sea salt and black pepper.
- Combine almonds, panko and sage in a dish. Place buttermilk in a separate dish.
- Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk, roll in almond mixture to coat, and place on prepared rack.
- Roast chicken until crisp and golden brown, about 50 minutes. Chicken is cooked when an instant read thermometer registers 165 F for white meat and 175 F for dark meat. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 580Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 459mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 5gSugar: 6gProtein: 42g