- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 ¼ pounds turkey cutlets
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons corn oil, divided
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 small red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Char the corn in a cast iron skillet with about 1 tablespoon olive oil. Stir often, until corn has a nice char on it.
- Sprinkle the turkey on both sides with chipotle powder and salt. Heat 1 tablespoon of corn oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add half the turkey and sauté until cooked through, about 1 ½ minutes per side. Transfer to a plate, cover and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon corn oil and remaining turkey.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons corn oil to drippings in skillet. Add bell pepper and onion, sauté for 3 minutes. Increase heat to high and add charred corn. Saute until the green pepper begins to brown, about 3 minutes longer. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Season salsa to taste with salt and pepper; transfer to a medium bowl. Return the turkey to the same skillet and reheat for about 1 minute. Transfer to plates and spoon the salsa on top.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 141mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 4g Protein: 37g