Adapted from Bon Appetit Fast Easy Fresh Cookbook
I love cheese on my hamburgers. It’s just not the same without it. I usually use Swiss cheese and always have some sliced Swiss cheese on hand but noticed that this time I was running pretty low and I wasn’t sure I was going to have enough until I remembered…….hello the cheese is stuffed inside the burger and it was cheddar cheese I am using this time and I always have cheddar cheese on hand. I always have to top my egg whites off with some cheddar cheese. But not the kind in the pre-shredded bags, the good kind from the block that you shred yourself. OK so technically I didn’t shred it myself but my food processor did and the cheese that comes from the block just tastes so much better and it’s fresh. I prefer Tillmook cheese.
Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Burgers
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, packed
- 6 Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thins
- Prepare barbecue on medium-high heat. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; blend well. Divide the meat into 6 equal portions. Shape into balls. Poke deep holes in each ball and fill each with cheese. Mold the meat around the cheese to enclose. Flatten each filled burger to ¾ inch patty.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness, about 5 minutes on each side for medium.
- Toast the sandwich thins and place the burgers on one side of the sandwich thin. Cover with the top.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 509Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 597mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 38g