Mashed Potatoes with Green Onions and Parmesan
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 bunches green onions (about 10), chopped
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Return to pot and mash. Mix in 3 tablespoons butter, then milk.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions and sauté until wilted, about 1 minute. Add potatoes. Add Parmesan and mix gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 56 mg
Sodium 554 mg
Total Carbohydrates 43 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 18 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.