My husband and I ended up quadrupling this recipe by accident. I originally planned on just doubling the recipe. The original recipe serves just 2 and I like to be sure to have leftovers for lunch the next day. I bought 2 packs of 4 potatoes, one pack for this recipe, the other pack for another. It was my husband’s job to make the mashed potatoes while I worked on the baked chicken. But my sweetie ended up cutting up all 8 potatoes! Well I just said we will quadruple it and that’s that. It ended up being a happy accident. The mashed potatoes were quite delicious. I didn’t even mind having 5 containers full of mashed potatoes in my fridge. They are great for easy side dishes throughout the week.
The original recipe was found in Bon Appétit Fast Easy Fresh cookbook
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 bunches green onions (about 10), chopped
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain well. Return to pot and mash. Mix in 3 tablespoons butter, then milk.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add green onions and sauté until wilted, about 1 minute. Add potatoes. Add Parmesan and mix gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 395 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 554mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 3g Protein: 18g