This is one of the first recipes I made when I was just starting out baking in 2005. It’s still as good as I remembered it.
- 1 16.5 oz. boxed yellow cake mix
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 3.4 oz. package vanilla instant pudding
- 6 tablespoons amaretto, plus 1/2 cup amaretto, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, instant vanilla pudding, amaretto, water, vegetable oil and almond extract; blend together well. Pour batter into
- the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove cake from oven and while it is still
- hot poke holes in the bottom and pour the amaretto icing over the bottom of
- the cake. Let the cake cool for at least 2 hours before removing from the
- To make Amaretto Icing: Sift the powdered sugar and combine it with the
- remaining 1/2 cup amaretto. Blend until smooth.