Lightened Up Brownie a la Mode
Yield 9 servings
- 2 1/4 cups Halo Top Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar with a rubber spatula. With a hand mixer, beat in the brown sugar, egg whites, applesauce and vanilla one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition
- Stir in the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool in the pan on a rack for about 5 minutes, then invert to a rack and peel off foil. Invert again and cool completely. Cut the brownies into 2-inch squares.
- Place one brownie on a dish and scoop about ¼ cup Halo Top ice cream on top. Drizzle with Homemade Magic Shell, sprinkles and a cherry if using. Serve immediately.
- Storage: Wrap brownies in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or freeze, wrapped with plastic wrap twice. Then bring brownies back to room temperature before serving.
Contains 5g sugar alcohol from Halo Top Ice Cream
Storage: Wrap brownies in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Or freeze, wrapped with plastic wrap twice. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 50 mg
Sodium 317 mg
Total Carbohydrates 53 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Sugars 31 g
Protein 8 g
Recipe by The Cake Chica at https://thecakechica.com/lightened-up-brownie-a-la-mode/