Cinnamon Swirl Protein Bread
- 1/3 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein, I like Jamie Eason’s brand
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup organic, unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- ¼ cup organic heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl combine coconut sugar and cinnamon and set aside until needed.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, almond milk, applesauce, and yogurt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- Pour a shallow layer of batter into the loaf pan. Sprinkle about ¾ of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top. Carefully pour the remaining batter on top and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar. Use a knife or skewer to marble the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs. Let cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes. Then invert onto a serving platter to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and stir vigorously with a rubber spatula until completely smooth. Add a little more cream if needed.
- Pour the glaze into a piping bag or a zip top bag and snip a tiny hole at the corner. Drizzle the glaze onto the cake and let set for 10 minutes before serving. Use glaze right away as the glaze will harden as it sits.
Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.Nutritional information does not include glaze.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 391 mg
Total Carbohydrates 55 g
Dietary Fiber 7 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 18 g
Recipe by The Cake Chica at https://thecakechica.com/cinnamon-swirl-protein-bread/